Perform accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports and accounts payable or receivable functions. Position is full-time (approximately 40 hrs a week). Applicants with
part-time availability considered depending on qualifications. Flexible work hours. Training will be provided.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Lift, move or carry boxes of documents weighing up to 30 lbs;
- Reach to move document boxes to/from racks/shelves;
- Use hands to touch, handle or feel objects, document pages, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Utilize computers, copiers, printers and scanners;
- Speak and hear;
- Frequently sit and/or stand; and
- Possess specific vision abilities including close vision and depth perception.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Perform accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports and accounts payable or receivable functions.
Assist with general office administrative functions
Assist with payroll functions
Other accounting, bookkeeping or business management functions as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated report writing experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical reports and documents.
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from clients, managers, vendors and employees using tact, courtesy and cooperativeness.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including ability to perform complex accounting/business/finance functions, purchase orders.
- Mathematic problem solving, reasoning and interpretation skills.
- Strong analytical skill and a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with abstract and concrete variables, exercising judgment, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and initiative.
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with planning, organizing, and performing accounting tasks.
- Ability to deal professionally and tactfully with employees, vendors and client representatives.
- High level of professionalism for client interaction.
- Competency with MS Office including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Access. Good knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and/or similar PDF editing software.
- Competency or ability to quickly learn accounting and other business software.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- High school diploma.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using MS Office.
- Accounting or related degree.
- Experience in accounting or related field.
- Experience with Quickbooks.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1.410.992.3424 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.