ATI is a fast-growing company that provides significant opportunities for your future. For our environmental services division, that means using new technologies to make our environment better for today's communities and for the future. We’re seeking an
entry to mid-level engineer to support projects aimed at improving site characterization and soil and groundwater remediation for a variety of public-sector clients. Typical projects include a mix of office and fieldwork responsibilities including hydrogeologic
data collection and interpretation; remedial investigations; feasibility study analysis; and operation of soil and groundwater remediation systems. Multiple positions are available, at our offices in Atlanta, GA and Columbia, MD (separate job listing).
Our Environmental Engineers:
- Support tasks for small to medium projects and/or assist senior project managers on large, complex projects
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques and procedures for engineering analysis
- Support commercial and federal clients to meet project goals and objectives
- Work as a member of a project team to prepare technical reports for clients, state agencies, or other stakeholders and interface with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with client personnel
- Maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety and Quality Control in all work
- Work as part of a field team conducting site investigations (i.e., drilling, well construction, sampling, and routine testing)
- Work on the procurement and management of subcontractors
- Work as part of a field team implementing and operating remedial actions
- Complete tasks within schedule and budget with teams comprised of different disciplines
Bring your curiosity, collaborative attitude and enthusiasm to work in the field, and we’ll help you grow, and pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can improve the environment, together.
Additional information: Typical clients for ATI's Environmental Services Division include the US Army Corps of Engineers, US Navy, and the US Air Force. Travel up to 50% will be required and typically occurs from May through October.
If you run into any issues while attempting to use the online application system, please email your resume to email@example.com.
- B.S. (degree completed at time of hire) in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering
- 0-2 years of environmental field experience including soil, groundwater, and soil vapor sampling experience
- Knowledge of and, preferably, experience with various environmental media (soil, groundwater, soil gas, and surface water) investigations, contaminant fate and transfer assessments, and design, installation, operation, and maintenance of remediation technologies.
- Ability to perform field work and obtain/maintain 40-hr HAZWOPER certification
- Ability to demonstrate willingness and aptitude to perform field work in varying weather conditions
- Strong writing, communication, and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to take ownership of tasks
- Exhibit integrity and the highest quality in all activities
- Work collaboratively, professionally, and effectively in teams
- Ability to pass required background checks and/or drug tests
- M.S. in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering
- Experience with design and implementation of groundwater pump-and-treat remediation technologies (e.g., air stripping, activated carbon treatment)
- Project experience with site remediation tasks involving multiple methods of site remediation and site management / characterization
Primary Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Travel: Yes, 50% of the Time
Job Classification: Full-Time, Salaried
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to perform the following essential functions:
- Lift, move or carry equipment weighing up to 35 pounds;
- Climb stairs or ladders;
- Use hands to touch, handle or feel objects, document pages, or controls;
- Use tools to perform sampling and related tasks;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Speak and hear;
- Frequently sit, walk and/or stand;
- Possess specific vision abilities including close vision and depth perception;
- Be in possession of a valid Drivers license to operate rental or company vehicles; and
- Travel by commercial air carrier to client/project locations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position will be based out of ATI's offices in Columbia, MD or Atlanta, GA.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will normally be in a climate-controlled office, however, significant outdoor field efforts will be required.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1.410.992.3424 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.