ATI is a fast-growing company that provides significant opportunities for your future. For our environmental remediation group, that means using new technologies to make our environment better for today’s communities and the future. We’re seeking an engineer
to ensure quality of work and consistency across projects; be a champion for staff safety and well-being; coordinate with subcontractors and internal support staff and subject matter experts; and interact with our clients and regulatory agencies. Utilize your
technical skills and experience to analyze data and lead preparation of technical reports. Consider designing and implementing pilot studies and remedial systems for sites impacted by chlorinated volatile organic compounds, petroleum-related compounds, and
other or emerging environmental contaminants. Work with other members of the team to develop strategies and work plans for remediation activities and corrective actions, integrate office/field team communications, and drive the implementation of the activities.
Professionals in this role:
If you run into any issues while attempting to use the online application system, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead and support safety on our projects, including contribution to “incident free” operations in the office and in the field. Maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety on all work tasks.
- Work independently, but in an effective team environment. Learn and take instruction from senior staff; provide mentoring to more junior staff; provide constructive feedback thoughtfully.
- Distill “big-picture” assignments into specific tasks. Delegate effectively.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and prioritize. Be able to thrive in a dynamic and complex work environment.
- Concisely and proactively communicate. Use strong writing and technical skills to prepare and/or perform peer review of reports and other technical work products.
- Contribute to the development of sustainable work practices for all project tasks.
- Exhibit integrity and commitment to the highest quality in all activities.
- BS degree in environmental engineering, civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, or other closely related technical degree
- 6+ years of environmental characterization/remediation project experience, including environmental sampling and subcontractor oversight. Experience with the environmental consulting industry, especially the federal sector is preferred
- Experience conducting site investigations/characterizations, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, remedial designs/actions, and installing and optimizing remediation systems
- Munitions response experience is a plus
- Experience as a project engineer on CERCLA/RCRA environmental remediation projects
- The ability to obtain and maintain HAZWOPER certification
- Must be able to plan and perform or oversee field work
- Strong writing, communication, and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to take ownership of tasks
- Exhibit integrity and the highest quality in all activities
- Work collaboratively, professionally, and effectively in teams
- Ability to pass required background checks and drug testing
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Professional license (P.E. or P.G.) or ability to obtain such certification in the near future.
Primary Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time
Job Classification: Full-Time, Salaried
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to perform the following essential functions:
- Lift, move or carry equipment weighing up to 35 pounds;
- Climb stairs or ladders;
- Use hands to touch, handle or feel objects, document pages, or controls;
- Use tools to perform sampling and related tasks;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Speak and hear;
- Frequently sit, walk and/or stand;
- Possess specific vision abilities including close vision and depth perception;
- Be in possession of a valid Drivers license to operate rental or company vehicles; and
- Travel by commercial air carrier to client/project locations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position will be based out of ATI's offices in Atlanta, GA.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will normally be in a climate-controlled office, however, some outdoor field efforts will be required.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at +1.410.992.3424 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.