ATI is a fast-growing company that provides significant opportunities for your future. For our environmental remediation group, that means using new technologies to make our environment better for today’s communities and tomorrow’s. We’re seeking an experienced
task lead/project manager who will plan, staff, schedule, budget, and ensure quality of work and consistency across projects; be a champion for staff safety and well-being; coordinate with subcontractors and internal support staff and subject matter experts;
and interact with our clients and regulatory agencies. In this role, you will also use your technical skills and experience to analyze data and lead preparation of technical reports. You’ll be responsible for managing and developing strategies and work plans
for characterization and remediation activities, integrate office/field team communications, and corrective actions and drive the implementation of the activities.
Professionals in this role:
If you run into any issues while attempting to use the online application system, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead and support safety on our projects, including contribution to “incident free” operations in the office and in the field. Maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety on all work tasks.
- Work independently, but in an effective team environment. Learn and take instruction from senior staff; provide mentoring to more junior staff; provide constructive feedback thoughtfully.
- Distill “big-picture” assignments into specific tasks. Delegate effectively.
- Juggle multiple tasks and prioritize. Be able to thrive in a dynamic and complex work environment.
- Concisely and proactively communicate.
- Use strong writing and technical skills to prepare and/or perform peer review of reports and other technical work products.
- Contribute to the development of sustainable work practices for all project tasks.
- Exhibit integrity and commitment to the highest quality in all activities.
- BS degree in environmental engineering, civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental science, geology or other closely related technical degree
- 7 years of environmental characterization/remediation project experience, including environmental sampling and subcontractor oversight. Experience with the environmental consulting industry preferred
- Experience conducting site investigations/characterizations, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, remedial designs/actions, and installing and optimizing remediation systems
- Experience as a Task Manager and/or Project Manager on environmental remediation projects
- HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain and maintain
- Must be able to plan and perform or oversee field work
- Ability to pass required background tests and drug screening
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Professional license (P.E., P.G, or PMP) or the ability to obtain such certification within 1 year
- Experience with CERCLA and RCRA HTRW, investigation, study, design, and remedial action projects, and have a working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and guidance
- US Army Corps of Engineers or AFCEC experience
- SE US experience and PMI certification
- Strong writing, interpersonal and client relations skills
Primary Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Travel: Yes, 15% of the Time
Job Classification: Full-Time, Salaried
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to perform the following essential functions:
- Lift, move or carry equipment weighing up to 35 pounds;
- Climb stairs or ladders;
- Use hands to touch, handle or feel objects, document pages, or controls;
- Use tools to perform sampling and related tasks;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Speak and hear;
- Frequently sit, walk and/or stand;
- Possess specific vision abilities including close vision and depth perception;
- Be in possession of a valid Drivers license to operate rental or company vehicles; and
- Travel by commercial air carrier to client/project locations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position will be based out of ATI's offices in Atlanta, GA.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will normally be in a climate-controlled office, however, there will be occasional travel and field work.
Work near construction job site equipment, hazardous equipment and machinery may be required.
Occasional need to walk on uneven ground and the use of personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to dust, gas or fumes, and noise.
Potential exposure to extremes in temperature or humidity, and to work at heights.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at +1.410.992.3424 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.